Are you looking for a great career and rewarding future where you can make a difference to the lives of Ontarians? If you are an Information Technology professional, with a commitment to excellence in enterprise architecture and its best practices, the Ontario Public Service (OPS) I&IT community has a challenging position for you.
Join the OPS, where you will have opportunities to work with leading technologies on a range of interesting and diverse projects. We are proud to have been chosen as:
• One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
• One of Greater Toronto's Top 90 Employers, and
• One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide consulting, technical leadership and subject matter expertise in development and maintenance of conceptual and logical architecture from strategic decision making down to the project planning level
• provide specialized business, information, and solution (application and technology) architecture consulting services to support application system development and implementation projects/sub-projects and/or services for the Central Agencies I&IT (CAC) clients
• develop, revise and maintain conceptual and logical architecture artifacts of Enterprise Architecture (EA) and ensure that these are vertically integrated in the context of the project, the client ministry, the cluster and the OPS
• provide advice to client business on key business strategies and their impact on business functions, processes and information
How do I qualify?
• You have demonstrated experience in all aspects of business and information architecture with working knowledge of solution (application and technology) architecture domain; strategic architecture planning; related enterprise level and client cluster strategies, plans, standards, directives, policies; road mapping and future state architectures; related applications, technology, tools, methodologies and trends; business, information and solution architecture related technical and business planning; current trends and emerging technologies; and knowledge of concepts of security and privacy in order to: provide practical expertise to meet quickly-evolving, complex and/or diverse cluster needs; lead complex I&IT business, information and solution architecture projects; assess business, information and solution needs; ensure integrity of business, information and solution architecture models; and ensure/monitor compliance with policies and standards
• You have applied, expert knowledge of consulting and comprehensive understanding of clients' business, information, application and technology needs, operations and objectives as well as related architectural solutions, in order to assist in defining and developing the conceptual and logical architecture; assess related applications, technology and architecture plans from a technical perspective and ensure integration with enterprise level and other clusters' architectures
• You are able to translate complex I&IT application and technology issues into plain language, think strategically within the I&IT system perspective, view the entire system and analyze impacts of different scenarios
• You demonstrate superior research, analytical, evaluation, problem-solving skills, strong goal and results orientation, resourcefulness, innovation and creative thinking, in order to provide cost-effective and reliable business, information and solution architecture expertise and solutions
Project Management Skills:
• You have applied knowledge of project management, including planning, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, measuring, monitoring and controlling, to manage multiple, concurrent, complex large-scale business, information and solution architecture projects
• You have the ability to apply risk management techniques in identifying and assessing architecture options and make strategically-focused architecture recommendations that control risk effectively
Other Essential Skills:
• You have an understanding of industry best practice enterprise architecture policies, standards and practices
• You have demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of roles on a team
• You have skills, ability and experience at working both independently, with minimal manager supervision, and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment