We need your expertise to lead, co-ordinate and perform specialized research and analysis in areas of strategy, policy and programs related to occupational health and safety, including the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• conduct high profile, complex and sensitive strategy research, analysis and synthesis either independently or as part of a project team
• prepare major analytical works and options papers, including strategic research and policy papers, briefing documents, presentations and interpretations for ministry executives
• lead and participate in concurrent complex strategy projects, implement research parameters and priorities, manage project activities, including performance monitoring and reporting metrics, resolve issues, and deliver timely, complete output
• provide expert advice on provincial occupational health and safety strategies, policies and, programs
• interpret and analyze proposals, issues and developments related to occupational health and safety legislation and programs
• build and contribute to strong working relationships and networks that promote effective linkages, stakeholder engagement and information sharing
• brief management team on complex, politically sensitive or controversial issues that may have implications for proposed or existing strategies or policies
How do I qualify?
• you have knowledge of the programs and legislation (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations) related to the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses
• you have experience with policy, legislation, regulation and program development, and operational planning
Research and Analytical Skills:
• you have strong research and analytical skills to conduct high profile, complex and sensitive research and analysis
• you are able to develop briefing documents, interpret proposals and provide advice on trends, contentious issues, impacts and policy impacts
• you are able to understand implications, envision consequences, manage details while keeping in mind the big picture to interpret findings and develop alternatives and provide sound advice
Communication Skills and Relationship Management:
• you have strong oral and written communication skills to consult with peers and experts, provide advice, prepare non-routine, sensitive correspondence and other material
• you have relationship management skills and can build strong working relationships and networks
Organizational and Project Management Skills:
• you have strong organizational and project management skills to work in a high pressure environment, manage issue analysis and coordination, lead and participate in concurrent projects
• you are able to meet deadlines and achieve deliverables