Established over 125 years ago, The Niagara Parks Commission has been a custodian and steward of one of the world's natural wonders along with many of Niagara's inspiring environmental and historical treasures. In the extensive 1,325 hectare portfolio, Niagara Parks' properties consist of family attractions, golf courses, historic sites, a horticultural school, restaurants and a butterfly conservatory. In addition, Niagara Parks operates its own police service, visitor transportation system, road and snow maintenance, and community and recreational facilities. There is also a 56 km recreational trail and the scenic Niagara Parkway. From its inception, this provincial agency has been completely self-sufficient; operating at no cost to the Ontario taxpayer, but is a publically accountable organization.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior Director, Business Development will provide strategic direction and leadership to a number of operational departments including Retail and Attractions, Culinary Services, Heritage, Sales, Marketing and Golf operations and will promote sound business and accountability practices while ensuring exceptional guest service and efficiency.
With your business, fiscal and relationship management skills, you will ensure effective planning, development and delivery of a range of revenue services, programs and initiatives to maximize profitability. As a member of the senior management team, you will engage in strategic business and financial planning, policy development and decision making to achieve the mission, vision and strategic goals of the organization.
How do I qualify?
• You are a proven leader in a revenue generating environment with at least 10 years of progressive leisure service and/or tourism management experience.
• You have post secondary training in Business Administration, Tourism and Hospitality or related discipline.
• You exercise sound financial management and strategic business planning with excellent analytical skills.
• You are also proficient in risk management, skilled in policy development and you possess superior oral, written, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of public sector organizations and working with Governance Boards is an asset.
• You have high standards of ethics and professional conduct.