The Ministry of Education is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide effective leadership and expert IT systems management services for the Technology and Business Solutions Branch. Consider this exciting opportunity and contribute your expertise to the Ministry's efforts in being the OPS leader in I&IT service, innovation and excellence.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• manage major business systems projects designed to meet business requirements of clients, identify I&IT solutions and define project scope and approach
• direct, develop and implement functions such as analysis, design, development and testing of business systems, purchase and modification of commercial systems and systems integration
• develop and negotiate project budgets and acquire project resources (e.g. contract staff, consultants)
• direct the testing of business systems quality and ensure business systems are implemented to address client requirements
• manage projects, resolve issues and provide technical advice and guidance to clients and project staff
• direct the deployment of business systems
• lead and manage Disaster Recovery plans
• direct the development and implementation of quality assurance strategies, processes and tools
• direct the implementation and management of ITIL processes and industry best practices
How do I qualify?
• you demonstrate management skills to coach, lead and motivate staff
• you have project management skills to plan, estimate, schedule, monitor and control complex large-scale projects
IT Technical Knowledge:
• you demonstrate knowledge of systems analysis, design, development, testing and implementation methods (including Oracle applications, rules engines, content management systems, testing tools), data, applications, networking, and security in order to direct staff in design and development of business systems
• you are able to acquire and apply I&IT strategies, I&IT solutions (e.g. common networks), plans, standards and directives to ensure project compliance, define effective project scope and establish mutually satisfactory customer agreements
• you can establish effective working relationships with I&IT management, clients, project stakeholders and staff
• you have negotiation skills to manage customer service agreements with vendors and clients
• you are able to provide technical and general business expertise to direct staff in the resolution of I&IT analysis and design problems