At ServiceOntario, we are committed to providing the citizens of Ontario with fast, friendly and easy access to Ontario government information and services - online, in person and by phone.
Our vision is to be recognized for meeting or exceeding customer expectations with our service, solutions, leadership and people, EVERY TIME!
If you are an excellent telephone communicator, enjoy working in a fast-paced, team driven environment, then a career in our contact centre as a customer care agent may be for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide information and support services to customers using the telephone
• Perform various transactions and support electronic transactions related to government programs, services, legislation, policies and procedures
• Proactively provide guidance and support to customers in completing forms and in the use of self-service systems
• Review and respond to email, mail and fax inquiries
• Research and verify information via databases, websites, and resource documents
• Maintain accurate documentation on transactions and identify frequent requests and recurring complaints, and provide input regarding improvements to websites, information tools, resource databases
How do I qualify?
• You are proficient in English and advanced level oral French
Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills
• You have customer service experience responding to inquiries, providing accurate information and resolving customer issues in a high-volume environment
• You have interpersonal skills to interact with the public, to collaborate in a team driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met
• You can effectively adapt services to meet the varying needs of customers
Research, Analysis and Problem Solving Skills
• You have demonstrated ability to reference, research and apply relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines (e.g. where applicable, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, business communications, etc.) in order to support the accurate completion of forms and transactions
• You can effectively probe for information, assess situations and determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
• You have knowledge of research and information gathering methods
• You are a clear, concise oral communicator and have experience providing detailed explanations of programs, services or procedures to customers
• You have experience providing written responses to customers' requests for information
• You have experience applying effective telephone techniques, customer service principles and quality standards when dealing with diverse inquiries and client groups
• You have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level
Organizational and Multi-Tasking Skills
• You have demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
• You have experience using computers (i.e. Intranet, Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to research, retrieve and summarize information