*Targeted to Post-Secondary students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario. Ministry and job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown
Ministry of Northern Development and Mines
1 position at Old Troy Rd, 0PO BAG SERVICE 35, K0K 3J0, Tweed
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Assist staff by performing research and data compilation including assembling information from hardcopy and digital sources, performing data entry and preparing geological material for sampling and analysis
• Assist staff by performing field work including site visits to outcrops, mineral deposits, occurrences and mine sites, prospector's claims and exploration sites
• Provide customer service assistance by responding to clients, staff and the public to address their needs
• Perform office and administrative duties (e.g. filing, photocopying, map reproduction, and digital drafting)
• Conduct Internet searches and data analyses; using maps and statistical information
• Position may require lifting and carrying weighted items in accordance with the Employment Standards Act and Workplace Health and Safety regulations
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
• Work may require experience specified/listed in the questions below
How do I qualify?
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare and maintain a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, record data, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.)
• You apply your verbal, written and listening communication skills and customer service skills to respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries and provide information to internal clients and/or public
• You apply your initiative interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• You apply your experience using Microsoft Office product suite, such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), databases; email and Internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents
• You apply your knowledge and experience by performing research and data compilation including assembling information from hardcopy and digital sources, performing data entry and preparing geological material for sampling and analysis
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You apply your organizational, time management and coordination skills to manage a varied work schedule with deadlines
• You can organize administrative and office work tasks (e.g. assemble information from hardcopy and digital sources, perform data entry, prepare geological material for sampling and analysis, etc.)
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines
• You can work in an outdoor environment with some physical activity involved, including lifting and carrying weighted items in accordance with the Employment Standards Act and Workplace Health and Safety regulations
• You are willing to accompany geology staff on field trips of 2 to 3 days in duration to complete traverses through fields and forest