*Targeted to Post-Secondary students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario. Ministry and job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Finance
1 position at 33 King St W, L1H 8H5, Oshawa
1 position at 40 King St W, L1H 1A4, Oshawa
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Support a team on a range of financial and business projects and initiatives
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Prepare, verify, process and reconcile financial data
• Support staff in developing business proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and other business/financial documents
• Conduct research and perform analysis (i.e. quantitative, qualitative, statistical)
• Prepare and organize correspondence, perform data entry and word processing functions, and create various documents
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
• Work may require experience specified/listed in the questions below
How do I qualify?
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) due to program funding.
Some positions may require the successful candidate(s) to undergo a personal security screening check as a condition of employment.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, record data, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.)
• You apply your oral/listening communications skills to share your knowledge with staff and/or clients and to present your findings
• You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• You apply your experience using Microsoft Office product suite, such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), databases; email and Internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents
• You apply your knowledge and/or experience of accounting and budgeting to process, reconcile, calculate and verify financial information paying close attention to details
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You input data accurately and generate reports paying close attention to detail
• You conduct research, perform analysis (i.e. quantitative, qualitative, statistical) and synthesize and summarize information
• You apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines