Has your career led to the development of expertise in highway maintenance and construction? Are you familiar with Local Roads Boards and how they operate? Why not take the next step and become part of our skilled and dynamic team?
What can I expect to do in this role?
Applying your technical and engineering expertise, negotiation skills and your knowledge of contracts and road construction maintenance, you will:
• monitor contractors' delivery of maintenance and repair operations
• ensure compliance with contract specifications, direct maintenance and repair operations
• provide direction to contractors and operators, making sure the required work records are maintained
• liaise with contractors, property owners and the general public to address issues and complaints
How do I qualify?
• valid driver's licence class of “G” or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
• proven experience and knowledge of Local Roads Boards, highway maintenance, construction, and engineering standards, specifications, practices and principles to carry out contract related activities including contract preparation and review
• ability to interpret and apply related policies, acts, and regulations for safety, and environmental protection such as the Local Roads Boards Act, Highway Traffic Act, Construction Lien Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Assessment Act, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
• knowledgeable of contract practices including material sampling and testing, surveying, inspections, and road patrolling
• well developed communication and interpersonal skills to deal with contractors and the general public
Other important skills:
• good mathematical skills.
• analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills to assist with the assessment of contract related issues.
• well developed organizational and planning skills.
• good working knowledge of computers to perform clerical and administrative work such as correspondence, instruction notices, payment calculations, payment reports, contract payment assessment, and applicable reports and forms