*Targeted to Post-Secondary students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario. Ministry and job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Government Services
3 positions at 33 King St W, Oshawa
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Support staff with delivering desktop support to meet client information technology needs
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Provide technical support to clients by email, phone, in person, or using remote access
• Assist with Investigating, analyzing and resolving all operational incidents, requests for change; determine root causes and develop solutions that consider systems administration, technical, operational and service problems
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
• Work may require experience specified/listed in the questions below
How do I qualify?
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, record data, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.)
• You apply your consultation and oral/listening communications skills to understand clients needs and requirements and share your knowledge with staff and/or clients
• You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• You apply your knowledge of theory and principles of IT process including incident, problem and change management and related methods, techniques, practices and standards
• You apply your knowledge and/or experience in translating technical terminology and approaches into plain language for non-technical users
• You apply your problem solving, investigative and evaluation skills to investigate, evaluate and resolve systems, operational and service issues
• You apply your experience using Microsoft Office product suite, such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), databases; email and Internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines