Are you looking for a great career and rewarding future where you can make a difference to the lives of Ontarians? IT Source is a professional services organization that offers the Ontario Public Service I&IT Community a modern, effective approach to resource acquisition.
IT Source is currently looking for a highly skilled IT professional to be assigned to projects supporting the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
You will have the opportunity to work with leading technologies on an interesting and diverse range of projects. The project assignments require the ability to travel throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As an Application Architect, you will:
• undertake comprehensive architecture needs assessments, architect new solutions and conduct complex reviews in support of systems and infrastructure needs for OPS clients
• provide advice and technical leadership to ensure compliance with current OPS and industry architecture policies, standards, processes and controls
• participate in challenging enterprise-wide and cross jurisdictional architecture projects with application components
How do I qualify?
Application Architecture Knowledge and Experience:
• you have expert knowledge and advanced professional skills in all aspects of application architecture
• you have strategic architecture planning and related applications, technology, tools, methodologies, monitoring and trends
• you have expertise in defining application requirements and in developing detailed plans for large scale and complex technical architecture projects or components
• you have expertise in ensuring integrity of application architecture models to monitor and ensure compliance with policies and standards
• you can successfully lead and complete application architectures in complex, multi-project or multi-client organizations
• you can provide practical expertise to meet quickly-evolving, complex and/or diverse needs
• you have knowledge of other architecture domains, architecture management, the software development lifecycle, software integration, management, evaluation and control mechanisms, database concepts and networking (e.g. Zackman Framework, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) guidelines for enterprise architecture artefacts and processes)
• you have knowledge of hardware environments, change management, business analysis, including business design and I&IT business management, capacity planning, quality assurance, risk management, disaster/recovery planning, business process modelling and process re-engineering
• you have experience in systems analysis and design, and in establishing and enforcing polices in systems design
Project Leadership Skills:
• you have excellent project management skills including planning, estimating, and budgeting to manage multiple, concurrent complex, large scale technical architecture projects
• you have the ability to provide functional expertise to assigned project staff
• you have knowledge of the procurement process to prepare technical specs and provide input into Request for Service/Request for Proposals
Research and Analytical Skills:
• you have superior research, analytical, evaluation and practical problem-solving skills to develop architecture solutions.
• you have demonstrated experience monitoring progress, resolving problems and reporting regularly with recommendations to I&IT management and clients
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you have excellent presentation and communication skills to make persuasive presentations, and also to communicate technical information to a non technical audiences
• you have strong relationship management skills to work with I&IT management, clients, business partners, stakeholders, and project staff
• you can consult and lead complex reviews to assess causes and recommend solutions for application architecture problems