Are you interested in working in an environment where there is a commitment to being the OPS leader in I&IT service, innovation and excellence? If so, consider this exciting opportunity with the Land and Resources I&IT Cluster.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide technical consulting in the direction, planning, development and implementation of advanced and complex interactive applications in a multi-platform environment
• provide technical leadership and team direction for the acquisition and implementation of complex and specialized hardware and software applications
• ensure solutions meet the business needs of internal and external stakeholders and adhere to Cluster and enterprise policies and standards
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• extensive knowledge of Java/JEE, GIS and multi-tiered I&IT technologies (e.g. JSP/Servlet, JEE, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, JMA, JPA, JAXB, JCache, Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), XML/XSL/XSLT, WebServices, Rational Application Developer, Rational Software Architect (RSA), WebSphere Integration Developer (WID), InfoSphere Data Architect, Power Designer, Websphere ND, Websphere Process Server, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), WebSphere Portal Server, ILogJRules, SUN Solaris, Windows OS, VPN, PKI, LDAP, Oracle10g, Siebel, DBMS, PL/SQL, .NET, Zachman Framework, cloud computing, mobile application development)
• Knowledge and skills in Mobile application architecture, patterns and best practices, and good understanding of HTML5 elements, forms and geolocation concepts
• knowledge and skills in Advanced IBM BPM, such as 7.5 or one of its predecessor products (e.g. WebSphere Lombardi Edition, WebSphere Process Server)
• knowledge and skills in coding BPM development components (e.g. Primary, Sub, Alternative and Exception process flows, Coaches and UI-User Interface)
• Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) design artifacts and Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, agile design and development and code reviews
• knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and related technologies, design of distributed applications, security design and implementation
Technical Leadership and Project Management Skills:
• technical leadership and project management skills to lead major, complex IT projects, develop and assess cost estimates, direct teams of project staff and external consultants and ensure project deliverables are met within specific parameters
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
• conceptual, analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to develop technical design features and alternatives and ensure the effective operation of hardware and software platforms, IT security and quality control systems
Communication and Consultation Skills:
• communication and consultation skills to work with project staff and external stakeholders, explain technical solutions to IT and non-technical internal and external stakeholders and prepare reports