The Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs, Communications Services Branch, offers an exciting opportunity to provide a range of administrative support to a dynamic team of professionals.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• answer general inquiries and provide routine information on Ministry programs and services
• direct calls to appropriate staff, record and relay messages
• type and proofread a variety of documents (such as agendas, letters, memorandum, reports) to ensure accuracy, correct grammar, spelling punctuation and format
• maintain up-to-date office lists, organization charts, manuals and telephone directories
• photocopy and distribute reports, submissions and briefing notes
* Note: this job ad has been amended. The area of search has been changed to open and the job ad closing date has been extended.
How do I qualify?
• you are proficient in English as well as proficient in oral and written French at the advanced level
• you have demonstrated knowledge of computer software, including Word, Excel, database management systems and electronic mail
• you have excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative and customer service skills
• you have well-developed knowledge of grammar, spelling, writing, editing and corporate writing practices to review and prepare documents
• you have organizational skills to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
Other Relevant Skills:
• you have the ability to acquire knowledge of current legal, social, and economic issues in Aboriginal affairs in Ontario and history of Aboriginal peoples in Canada
• you have the ability to acquire knowledge of ministry mandate, regulations, policies and procedures, activities, issues and trends
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 160 Bloor St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
||Ontario Public Service Employees Union
||Administrative and Support Services
||Thursday, April 25, 2013