The Land and Resources Cluster, Application Maintenance and Operations (AMO) Section has an opportunity for a team-oriented Systems Analyst to conduct systems analysis for the support, maintenance and development of web-based and client/server applications. This opportunity also requires leadership and project planning experience to assist in the technical planning and coordination of project activities, plans and schedules and resources for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining a broad range of client applications. The AMO Section supports and maintains a diverse portfolio of approximately 260+ custom and commercial off-the-shelf business applications.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• develop and/or acquire information relating to the technical components of client applications through all stages of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• assist in the technical planning and coordination of activities, plans and schedules of project teams
• determine specific technical requirements, resources and cost estimates for developing, testing and implementing client applications
• analyze and assess client IT programs and services delivery needs, requirements, goals, objectives and identify priorities
• conduct feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses for proposed client IT initiatives and recommend systems development solutions
• provide technical input into the analysis, design and architecture of systems solutions
• develop systems documentation, and test, integrate and implement systems/applications
• train and support clients immediately after implementation of new or modified application systems
• carry out research into the acquisition of software, hardware, technology, systems and products that meet specific client programs/service needs
• evaluate, select and acquire software products, and develop the technical components of software product procurement tenders (RFPs, etc)
• participate in the measurement and improvement of tools, techniques, standards and performance criteria
Please note: This position involves travel within the Province
How do I qualify?
• You demonstrate knowledge of systems analysis, design and development, the Systems Development Life Cycle, and related methods, techniques, best practices, industry trends and standards (i.e. IBM Rational Unified Process Methodology, Systems Development Lifecycle Zachman Framework (specifically rows 3-5), Rational Software Architect and Oracle Designer).
• Your knowledge of I&IT technology (such as server, workstation, n-tier, network and security technologies, operating systems, relational databases, integrated development technologies, automated development and testing tools) enable you to recommend systems development solutions, select and acquire related products and services, and develop, document, test, implement, train and support new or modified systems (i.e. WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Process Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, IBM/Rational Products RTC, Requirement Composer, Rational Functional Tester, Rational Performance Tester, HP QuickTest Professional, IBM AppScan Rational Quality Manager, IBM HTTP and IIS).
Project Management and Procurement Knowledge:
• You demonstrate knowledge of project planning methodologies to assist in the technical planning and coordination of the activities, plans and schedules, and determine specific technical requirements, resources and cost estimates.
• You have the ability to ensure compliance with recommendations on the procurement and/or development of business solutions, services and/or technologies.
Analytical and Interpretative Skills:
• You are able to assess client I&IT needs, determine specific technical requirements, resources and cost estimates for developing, testing and implementing client applications.
• You demonstrate analytical and interpretive reasoning skills to evaluate technical problems such as identifying the nature and debugging problems encountered in software usage.
• You can develop business solutions and acquire the technical components of client applications.
• You have the ability to participate in the measurement and improvement of application development tools, techniques, standards and performance criteria.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You can prepare project reports, analyses, recommendations, systems documentation and manuals.
• You are able to discuss client IT program/service delivery needs, requirements, goals, objectives and priorities.
• You can recommend systems development solutions and train/support clients after implementation of new/modified application systems.