Bring your Java expertise to the Ministry of Community and Social Services! As a Senior Java Developer you will play an integral role in providing highly specialized technical support for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the Java portfolio of applications for the ministry.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Translate documented business requirements into system solutions;
• Conduct systems development, including new development and provision of ongoing maintenance and support;
• Serve as an expert in the use of Java and provide leadership and advice to staff;
• Provide technical team leadership to staff and project teams.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge and experience in database management theory, practice, and software (e.g., Oracle(PL/SQL), Access, SQL server (T-SQL), DB2, Stored Procedures and ETL);
• You have knowledge and experience in integration development using RAD, Portal, IBM Business Modeller/Integration developer and acquainted with WebSphere and related tools and utilities;
• You have knowledge of various operating systems such as Unix/Linux, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 & Windows 8;
• You have knowledge of project management methodology software, analytical tools and processes;
• You have knowledge of technical change management, training and education techniques to support clients through I&IT technology change.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• You have analytical and evaluative skills to assess complex and diverse information/system needs and to develop I&IT solutions that will improve client service;
• You have trouble shooting and problem solving skills with a tolerance for ambiguity to identify the root cause of problems, deal with exceptions to the rule, and provide viable solutions.
Communication and Negotiation Skills
• You have communication skills to write, explain and present complex technical concepts, options, reports and recommendations for decision makers whose expertise may not be in Java or other I&IT technologies;
• You have negotiation skills to participate in negotiations with vendors of service, equipment and hardware/software for the Java portfolio.
Leadership and Teamwork Skills
• You have teamwork, leadership and interpersonal skills to lead multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service delivery and business goals.