If you enjoy providing a high level of customer service in a team environment the Fort William Historical Park (FWHP) is seeking a motivated communicator to join their team to promote, sell and book FWHP programs to external organizations, groups and individuals.
JOB AD AMENDED: to include the CPIC check
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• coordinate the group reservations and sales for corporate groups, tour operators and other educational, association and social groups
• provide administrative assistance in support of sales initiatives and monitor and maintain sales and sponsorship budgets
• research and identify potential sponsors, partners or alternative funding sources
• explain and sell sponsorship opportunities
• provide office administration support to the manager and department
• produce customized activity reports/graphics and coordinate the preparation and production of information packages and promotional materials
• provide technical services to support website, IT and telecommunications
• provide technical guidance to seasonal staff
How do I qualify?
Computer Skills and Technical Knowledge:
• You possess knowledge of and are proficient with computers and software such as word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, database applications and web authoring and development tools.
• You are knowledgeable of and possess skills on how to use the Internet, Intranet, web site design and publishing standards and web conventions to ensure compliance with established practices.
• You are proficient with using, creating, implementing and updating creative graphics, web auditing/digital imaging/desktop publishing software, audio and video designs in-house, and can publish graphics and promotional materials.
• You have an understanding of corporate sponsorships, public relations and customer service delivery principles and practices.
• You have knowledge of internet/telephone sales techniques to process group reservations and sell sponsorship opportunities.
Communication and Customer Service Skills:
• You have proven interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills to respond to inquiries from external and internal clients, using tact and diplomacy.
• You are able to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations and promotional material.
Research, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• You can use your analytical skills to compile, assess and summarize data, produce statistical reports and provide results to management.
• You have evaluative skills to assess and maintain web site content and on line reservation and payment systems, and to identify and resolve discrepancies.
Administrative and Financial Reporting Skills:
• You have experience in providing administrative support and knowledge of office procedures and guidelines.
• You have experience in financial reporting, reconciliation and budgetary control.
Organizational and Planning Skills:
• You are able to organize, multi-task and prioritize and respond to fluctuating seasonal demands and increased visitor attendance.