The Service Management Branch's Technical Support Office is seeking a skilled IT professional to provide leadership and technical guidance to the team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide senior level support to the operations and administration of the Windows Middleware technologies (such as Dynamics, IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server, System Centre, UAG)
• provide technical leadership and consultation in the operation of all systems: consulting with internal and external stakeholders, negotiating change management for the development and implementation of new systems as well as walking staff through new processes and technologies
• participate in the on boarding, deployment, integration, incident and problem resolution of complex application solutions in an enterprise environment
• provide group leadership to staff by assigning, reviewing and assessing workloads
How do I qualify?
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• you have demonstrated experience and technical skills in a multi-tiered application and database environment, leading large-scale, mission critical application systems and capacity planning, performance tuning and backup technology
• you have knowledge of application performance enhancement techniques to coordinate the delivery of a comprehensive system to internal and external clients
• you have knowledge of IT systems design in a large scale application database environment including multi-tiered IT application architecture, data management, communication networks, mainframe Z/OS, Windows 2008 Server and Unix operating systems
• you have an understanding of current IT trends, standards and industry best practices
• you have knowledge of the underlying technologies: including (but not limited to): Oracle Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, Entrust Services (PKI, SSL, TruePass), SSH, Harvest, Mercury Quality Centre, Essbase, Content Manager, WebSphere MQ, Webfocus, Informatica, Oracle EBusiness Suite, Oracle Seibel, Oracle Directory services, Splunk, Internet Information Services (IIS)
• you have general knowledge of .NET Middleware technology including System Centre (Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, Virtual Machine Manager), Dynamics, Forefront (Universal Access Gateway or UAG and Threat Management Gateway or TMG), Integration Services (Biz Talk, Host Integration Services, MSMQ), SharePoint, SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis and Reporting Services
Communication and Consultation Skills:
• you have excellent oral and written communication skills to liaise with clients and vendors in an effective manner and prepare project documents
Analytical and Strategic Planning Skills:
• youy have analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve service delivery issues
• you have knowledge of strategic planning, policy and standards development
• you can identify and recommend innovative business opportunities, practices and services to address client needs
Project management, Negotiation and Contract management Skills:
• you have negotiation and contract management skills
• you have knowledge of project management and planning principles and budgeting skills to estimate project costs
• you have organizational and leadership skills to coordinate and lead concurrent projects and activities