Are you an expert in case mix and weight methodologies and groupings? Do you understand the relationship between case mix and weighting methodologies and funding allocations? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment utilizing your strong statistical and data analysis skills? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity, where you will review, evaluate, maintain and design methodologies and groupings to ensure compliance with Provincial health data.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Conduct analytical studies to ensure case mix grouping methodologies meet standard, data quality and reporting requirements.
• Assist in the review and assessment of the National grouping standards, and you will conduct environmental scans and research to identify emerging health data issues, trends and best practices.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative data research, analysis and evaluation to create groupings, apply weights and run codes to link to the Provincial health data to support future funding models and case mix initiatives.
• Research, develop and analyze new methodologies and their implications and provide technical advice and recommendations to various stakeholders.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of the Health Based Allocation Model (HBAM) Inpatient Group (HIG).
• You know case mix methodology, Ontario specific Prospectively Adjusted for Complexity (PAC) Weights, National Resource Intensity Weights, MIS and health data reporting systems.
• You have a good understanding of the ministry's strategic directions and priorities for the acute and community health care delivery programs and services.
• You have a good understanding of related legislation (e.g., Public Hospital Act, Private Hospital Act).
• You understand statistical techniques, methods and application, data analysis models, data interpretation, reporting and evaluation techniques.
Research and Computer Experience:
• You have experience in research and data gathering, statistics, biostatistics and mathematical modeling techniques.
• You have experience in statistical software, relevant databases, word processing and graphics applications.
Relationship Management and Communication Skills:
• You can provide authoritative advice and information on grouping methods, new and changed standards and recommend solutions to issues to internal and external stakeholders.
• You have developed reports, briefing and issues management materials and correspondence.
• You can present analyses and recommendations to ministry senior executives.
• You can establish and foster productive business relationships with colleagues in the branch, ministry and stakeholders.
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills:
• You can conduct highly complex, detailed and sophisticated data/ statistics analyses in the light of case mix methodology/groupings and address patient impacts across the system.