The Ministry of Education, Robarts School for the Deaf and Amethyst Demonstration School, requires an experienced Maintenance Assistant to join our team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide general preventative maintenance and repairs to buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment
• Perform general plumbing, electrical and welding work; general facility maintenance
• Provide general repairs to heating, ventilation and fire systems
• Provide general repairs to locks, valves, pumps; repair of windows, flooring, minor painting and general touch-up work to furniture
• Maintain the efficient mechanical operation and hygienic condition of the swimming pool
• Assist contract and government services tradespersons
• Assist with implementation of work plan for summer students
How do I qualify?
Knowledge and related experience
• You have demonstrated experience and general working knowledge of trades such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC systems, electrical to assist with semi-skilled general maintenance and to determine proper methods and materials required for performing installation, replacement, repair, preventative maintenance and construction work at the facility;
• You have good mechanical aptitude and experience performing routine general maintenance inspections, preventative maintenance and minor repairs of electrical, plumbing, small engines, appliances, furniture, fittings, electromechanical systems;
• You have demonstrated experience and ability to maintain efficient operation of swimming pool and related equipment.
• You have the ability to use hand tools and power equipment
• You have the ability to read and follow simple drawings, blue prints, work specifications, including written and verbal directions
• You have experience maintaining work orders and preventative maintenance logs
• You have good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• You have organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
• You have knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
• You have good physical ability to move and set up furniture and equipment.