Do you have expertise in systems development, programming and consulting to work with a variety of clients to support them in the use of information technology to meet business goals and objectives?
If so, then consider this opportunity with the ServiceOntario's Business Solutions Branch where you will lead teams in the development, implementation and maintenance of cost effective information technology solutions and services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide group leadership in the technical design, development, implementation and support of complex technical solutions and applications
• Provide leadership in completing research activities to establish technology direction, strategy and standards
• Develop technology performance standards, evaluate or develop new utility routines and provide practical technological input to innovative applications design and development approaches
• Recommend technical system development solutions which meet client needs and promote overall Cluster IT strategies and objectives
• Act as a resource in the resolution of technical problems
How do I qualify?
• You have advanced knowledge of theory and principles of systems design, configuration, integration and development, IT security, programming concepts and languages (including ESRI ArcGIS, Rolta OnPoint, Oracle 10g, Python scripting, Dynamics CRM within the Microsoft .NET framework and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service), and related methods, techniques, practices and standards
• You have advanced knowledge of database design and management systems (such as Microsoft SQL and Oracle) and application database administration
• You have the ability to develop new systems or systems modifications and evaluate and recommend acquisition of applications, hardware/software and information technology services
Other Technical Skills
• You have knowledge of the Cluster technology platforms, system technologies (such as operating systems, custom application development software, packaged applications, Cluster standards, client configured applications, networks)
• You have knowledge of internet technologies and emerging technologies, to lead a project team in the identification and evaluation of information technology options for clients
• You have knowledge of project planning methodology, release management best practices, clients' business, processes, and requirements to recommend systems development solutions
• You have the ability to understand Cluster administrative policies and directives to ensure compliance of recommendations on acquisition of technology and services and negotiation of contracts
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• You have strong analytical skills to evaluate and assess client's information and system needs and define information technology and business requirements
• You have the ability to recommend and develop information technology solutions which are cost effective and support the improvement of client program/service delivery
• You have the ability to identify, design, develop, test and implement system solutions
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
• You have demonstrated team leadership skills to coordinate the development of technical project plans, control project process and provide technical leadership to project staff and external stakeholders
• You have proven consultation, interpersonal and team work skills to work effectively with colleagues and clients
• You have strong oral communication skills to discuss client requirements, lead discussions of system development options and technical process
• You have the ability to communicate and explain alternate system development solutions to clients
• You have strong written communication skills to prepare business cases, Request for Proposals, contracts and various project reports