Bring your technical expertise and your strong project management skills to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Health Services I&IT Cluster, Health Solutions Delivery Branch, where you will manage and coordinate multiple complex development projects within a large development team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
• Provide leadership for the development of testing strategies and frameworks that include performance testing, conformance testing and testing automation.
• Coordinate and conduct the analysis of business and information requirements in order to design and develop applications that meet the stated business requirements.
• Provide leadership on development teams engaged in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of large, complex Ministry applications.
• Oversee the development, testing, maintenance and support of system, application, design, user, and operations documentation.
• Lead the implementation of new and enhanced systems including ensuring the promotion of all system components into appropriate staging areas.
• Maintain the integrity and effectiveness of regression test databases.
• Provide authoritative direction and guidance to client organizations in a variety of subject areas to help the client meet different, interrelated goals and objectives.
How do I qualify?
BUSINESS ANALYSIS, CLIENT LIAISON AND COMMUNICATION:
• You have the ability to analyze and provide advice and recommendations to business clients to inform their business requirements.
• You have proven experience in developing complex data and process models and in leading the review of options for complete systems development and testing solution.
• You have proven experience in providing advice and recommendations to business clients at all levels on IT solutions to meet business requirements, including approaches to development and testing.
• You have demonstrated oral and written communications skills with the proven ability to interpret, understand and explain detailed information to business and technical audiences.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of the client's business to develop recommendations on appropriate solutions.
• You are experienced in planning and directing complex IT systems development, testing, and implementation tasks as part of large development teams.
• You have demonstrated experience in providing leadership, coaching/mentoring, guidance and technical expertise to other members of the IT development and test team.
• You have proven experience in leading IT system responses to business requirements, and in facilitating communications regarding requirements with the business stakeholders.
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPMENT:
• You have demonstrated knowledge of standard methods and techniques for complex IT systems analysis including process and data modeling, and design and development techniques.
• You have proven experience in facilitating and reviewing client business requirements.
• You are experienced providing technical direction, mentoring and training to team members.
• You can demonstrate application knowledge to provide guidance to development and test teams.
• You have experience facilitating IT development, testing, promotion, implementation of web-based and mainframe applications.
• You are knowledgeable of IT development methodologies, industry-standard IT development and test tools and techniques including performance testing, conformance testing and testing automation.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of commonly used business software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets) used in preparing IT systems development and testing documentation.
• You can demonstrate your experience in managing external vendor relationships.
• You possess demonstrated teamwork and collaborative skills.