The Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Operations division, seeks a highly-motivated, innovative, dynamic self-starter to join our team. The Manager, Operations will guide, lead and manage the development, implementation and delivery of projects that support election events with a focus on the facilitation, communication and support of Returning Officers and key officials in 107 electoral districts across the province. In this position you will:
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Manage the planning, development, administration and communication with senior field officials;
• Lead cross-divisional or inter-jurisdictional teams in the development of programs or initiatives;
• Build and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with stakeholders, partners, field officials and clients to identify needs, solicit input and obtain support and participation;
• Manage issues and negotiate effective resolutions;
• Provide consultation, advice and guidance on program/project initiatives, processes, systems and related issues to stakeholders/clients;
• Manage the development, implementation and delivery of information and initiatives on event-delivery technologies, practices and protocols to senior field officials to ensure the efficient and effective deployment and management of business processes;
• Provide leadership in resolving issues and risk management; develop and oversee project plans and operations methodologies and identify and acquire the necessary resource requirements and funding to ensure targets are achieved;
• Develop standards and administrative structures to support and monitor budgeting and expenditure management for assigned projects;
• Establish and implement performance standards, benchmarks, reporting and measurement processes to monitor and improve service quality;
• Provide consultation, strategic and operational advice, information and program support to executives and senior management; and
• Manage the work of Operations staff.
How do I qualify?
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated management and leadership experience;
• Knowledge and experience in stakeholder management;
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills;
• Extensive knowledge and practical application of strategic planning and management principles, theories, policies and practices;
• Knowledge of and experience in project management and managing operational planning, performance measurement and project delivery activity;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of budgeting and financial management processes;
• Knowledge of and experience in risk management principles, quality assurance standards and business performance measures;
• Ability to understand the requirements and provisions of the Election Act and other related legislation;
• Strong research, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills;
• Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and
• Knowledge and experience of election processes.