This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario noted in the city list above. You will be required to identify the cities you are interested in applying to. Because some cities may be located in distant or remote areas in Ontario please confirm the location using Google Maps when applying. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on this application form. Resumes and cover letters cannot be attached.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- Eligibility Requirements
- Apply Online - Student Application Guide - item 1 in Key Resources
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Support staff with delivering desktop support to meet client information technology needs
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Provide technical support to clients by email, phone, in person, or using remote access
• Assist with Investigating, analyzing and resolving all operational incidents, requests for change; determine root causes and develop solutions that consider systems administration, technical, operational and service problems
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
• Work may require experience specified/listed in the questions below or other similar tasks as assigned
How do I qualify?
All positions require students to be 15 years of age on the first day of employment with no age limit.
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) on the first day of employment due to program funding.
Some positions on this job ad will require the successful candidate to undergo a general-level screening check, which includes a criminal record check, at their own expense.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, record data, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.)
• You apply your consultation and oral/listening communications skills to understand clients needs and requirements and share your knowledge with staff and/or clients
• You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• You apply your knowledge of theory and principles of IT process including incident, problem and change management and related methods, techniques, practices and standards
• You apply your knowledge and/or experience in translating technical terminology and approaches into plain language for non-technical users
• You apply your problem solving, investigative and evaluation skills to investigate, evaluate and resolve systems, operational and service issues
• You apply your experience using Microsoft Office product suite, such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), databases; email and Internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines