The Ministry of Transportation's Business Services Offices is seeking a bilingual individual with experience in communications, media relations and information management. If you are looking for a new challenge consider joining our team to provide services in information management, event coordination, records management, and providing back-up communications support on behalf of senior ministry officials.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Develop, implement and support divisional & regional communications plans as regional lead for internal communications and knowledge management.
• Collaborate with regional counterparts to develop information management practices (planning, collection, tracking, dissemination, etc.), and manage electronic data and storage
• Provide oversight of region's central file facility and ensure regional compliance with Records Information Management requirement, procedures, retrieval, etc.
• Coordinate Freedom of Information collection process for the region
• Prepare and coordinate corporate events
• Regularly acts as back up and peak workload support for regional Communication Coordinator.
How do I qualify?
• Proficiency in English as well as in oral French at the advanced level
• You have knowledge of and an ability to interpret legislation, policies, directives, procedures and guidelines
• You have knowledge of Freedom and Information and Protection of Privacy Act to ensure legislation is applied properly in the preparation of correspondence and briefing materials and for the purpose of records information management
• You have knowledge of procedures, processes and system to develop and maintain tracking systems
• You have knowledge of internal communication practices and tools
Research and Analytical Skills:
• You are able to research, analyze options and make recommendation relative to a broad range of sensitive and contentious issues, as well as internal communications & information management matters
• You have research skills and techniques to gather information in a clear concise manner, which is critical to preparing briefing materials and supporting information management
Communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have communication and consultation skills to work with all levels of staff in the research, preparation and drafting of communication products
• You have interpersonal skills to coordinate discuss/clarify information and nature of issues with ministry staff when conducting research for written materials
• You have presentation skills to prepare and deliver communication materials and provide information/training
• You have demonstrated political acuity, tact and diplomacy to deal with sensitive and contentious issues
• You have the ability to review and edit text in detail to ensure accuracy and consistency of content, grammar and presentation style.
• You have the ability to set priorities, organize the progress of projects and ensure that projects are completed within established deadlines
• You are able to work in a demanding environment with frequently changing & competing priorities
• You have the ability to work independently and know when to seek guidance on program policy and process issues
• You are able to operate computers and electronic equipment, including government software packages such as Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), information databases, digital camera and multi-media technology