Are you an experienced web developer with exceptional IT planning and project management skills? If so, the Community Services Cluster, Ministry of Education requires your specialized expertise in large-scale systems analysis and design, business application services and project leadership in web application development and management.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide senior systems analysis and design, business application services and project leadership to support complex web applications
• lead the structured system life-cycle activities in the delivery of system and information services to address clients business needs and technical requirements
How do I qualify?
• knowledge and experience in the development of large and complex web applications including demonstrated ability with the following competencies: IBM Websphere (e.g. WAS, WSAD), Oracle Database, HTML, J2EE components including: Java Server Pages (JSPs), servlets, Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs), JDBC and XML
• knowledge of ongoing maintenance and support of applications in production and software quality assurance and testing
• knowledge of theory and principles of systems design and development, practices and standards to provide leadership in the design, development, testing, implementation and enhancement of business applications and systems solutions to meet client requirements
IT planning and project management skills:
• knowledge of IT and project planning methodology to recommend systems solutions which meet business needs and promote corporate IT strategies
• project management practices and techniques to lead technical staff in business application design, testing and implementation
• oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills to discuss options and processes with clients and team members, and to effectively convey technical information in non-technical terms
• written communication to prepare project reports, analyses/recommendations, business cases and systems documentation and manuals
• interpersonal and negotiation skills to work collaboratively with client organizations, outline options/benefits of a recommended approach, and to negotiate contracts with external service
Analytical, evaluating, and problem solving skills:
• analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze and define clients' application needs, develop IT solutions to improve service delivery, conduct complex systems analysis and design, and to resolve technical problems surrounding web applications
• evaluating skills to monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of applications, and to provide systems improvement services