Do you have what it takes to manage, plan and coordinate a Communication Centre (CommCentre) for traffic/incident monitoring and response functions within a region? Then, consider this exciting opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• manage, plan and coordinate Communication Centre (CommCentre) activities within a region by ensuring effective and efficient traffic monitoring of traffic management systems in a 24/7 operation in both English and French
• review and analyze operations issues/ problems, recommend approaches and ensures the most effective delivery methods with consideration to technical, operational, financial and human resources factors.
• supervise, schedule and provide staff with direction and training as required to meet day-to-day operational requirements.
• liaises with various CommCentre clients (e.g. other government jurisdictions, equipment providers, Emergency Response agencies, field operational and engineering office staff, citizens)
• respond to various enquiries
How do I qualify?
• Proficiency in English as well as in oral French at the advanced level
• You have knowledge of Fleetnet radio operation procedures, freeway operations, traffic management and advanced traffic management systems (ATMS)/ practices and CommCentre systems
• You have knowledge of operating and programming various computer based systems (e.g.logging recorder, FTMS switching system and camera system, RCWIS system, Changeable Message signs, Mitel Mail and Newpoint System)
• You can apply commuter software to respond to enquiries, operate CommCentre equipment
• You have the ability to interpret and apply various acts, regulations and guidelines related to traffic management and operations to provide guidance to staff
Communication, Consultation, Persuasion and Relationship-Building Skills:
• You are able to use your communication skills to answer calls, resolve complex issues, and conduct meetings; written communication to produce reports and make recommendations
• You have consultation skills to respond and give advice to Emergency Services, external stakeholders, ministry internal departments on ATMS and systems
• You have persuasion skills to ensure that service providers comply with established contracts, maintenance agreements
• You are able to build linkages with different stakeholders
Group Leadership Skills:
• You have leadership, planning and supervisory to provide technical direction/ guidance to staff and coordinate/ manage a 24/7 shift operation, ensuring efficient service to internal/ external stakeholders
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• You are able to identify and research issues related to road closure reporting and making recommendations
• You can investigate Freeway Traffic Management Systems (FTMS) system malfunctions, to prioritize issues and bring them to management's attention as required for resolution