Bring your superior technical leadership, design and development experience to the Government Services Cluster and become part of an environment committed to leading-edge systems and learning. Lead and/or participate in teams in the planning, design, development, and deployment of leading edge projects and support initiatives.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide technical leadership, contribute and participate in research and development of emerging trends and technologies that benefit the enterprise
• liaise with business partners to develop functional requirements and subsequent detailed technical design documentation facilitating integrated solution development
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• you have knowledge in leading edge design, development and support in J2EE, Java, Oracle, ebXML, Websphere, EJB, RUP, UML, Oracle DB, MQ Series, and security protocols (SSL and PKI)
• you have experience with IT Architecture concepts, philosophies and tools and technology integration)
• you demonstrate experience in using system development life cycle methodologies
• you have knowledge and experience with application delivery process and application development tools
• you have demonstrated experience with systems management, requirements and support services for IT functions
• you have working knowledge of security programs
Project Management and Technical Leadership Skills:
• you have project management and change management skills including planning, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, measuring, monitoring and controlling to manage large-scale projects
• you have demonstrated skills and experience providing technical leadership and guidance to systems development teams in planning, design, development, deployment, quality assurance and support of integrated applications
• you have demonstrated knowledge to support research and development, applications architecture, integration, analysis, and design of current infrastructure such as desktops, middleware, gateways, servers, firewalls, proxy servers, web servers and network routers
• you have the ability to set technical direction, develop technology plans and technical standards in support of the design of major and complex applications such as mainframe based infrastructure and application projects (e.g. Windows 7, XP and UNIX), desktop, mid-frame, gateways, servers, firewalls, proxy servers, web servers and network routers
Contract Management Skills:
• your knowledge of contract management and procurement enable you to estimate resources and oversee resources (e.g. EOI, RFI, RFP, RFS) for the acquisition of business solutions and project resources
Other Related Skills:
• you have communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills to prepare and present reports