The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Ontario Provincial Police, requires an individual to provide assistance, advice, planning support and analytical support to OPP bureaus and regions, Senior Command, Section Manager , and the Bureau Commander through all phases of strategic financial and business planning by researching, preparing, co-ordinating and providing leadership in the provision of financial analysis, business case development, support and advice to OPP program areas as related to in-year funding submissions (TB20s), report backs, and Result-based Planning submissions.
What can I expect to do in this role?
To lead/participate on multi-disciplinary teams in order to co-ordinate a variety of financial processes and business initiatives to ensure optimal utilization of fiscal resources.
How do I qualify?
Must pass OPP background security investigation.
• Requires knowledge of related legislation and government policy, including Management Board Guidelines and Directives and OPP and ministry financial policies and procedures.
• Understanding of ministry, government and OPP vision, directions and priorities. Knowledge of OPP operations and thorough knowledge of and skill in the application of strategic financial processes.
• Comprehensive knowledge of financial and management accounting principles as defined by Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
• Knowledge of the Ontario Government's resource allocation process.
• Thorough knowledge of OPP and ministry operations and related financial and administrative practices and processes, as well as management, business, and administrative best practices to provide analysis and advice.
• Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to adapt and apply current theories to practical situations and to identify issues for the bureau, OPP and Ministry and to analyze and recommend solutions.
• Organizational, analytical and project management skills to support bureau managers, regional, bureau and detachment locations and OPP executive to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of business planning.
• Interpersonal and communications skills to provide coaching and consultative advice and to manage and coordinate a wide range of varied responsibilities, including preparing and presenting concepts and recommendations to OPP and ministry senior management.
• Knowledge of computer applications to plan, manage, and improve financial processes and accountability.
• Organizational and administrative skills to determine objectives and priorities, plan, direct, organize and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, produce high quality products within identified timelines, under stressful conditions.
• Discretion, diplomacy and tact in dealing with various confidential, contentious and sensitive issues.
• Leadership and teamwork skills to effectively oversee and manage project groups.
• Written and oral communication skills to review, write and edit OPP, Treasury Board/Management Board of Cabinet and other central agency submissions.