Are you a strong leader driven by attention to detail and quality of work in relation to road design and highway construction? If so, consider this opportunity to join our dynamic leadership team with the Ministry of Transportation in the northeast region.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Technical Services Supervisor, you will:
• provide supervision, leadership and direction to the Technical Services functional group
• organize and direct the activities for Minor Capital, Environmental, and Facilities projects, as well as the coordination of utility relocations within the roadway rights-of-way
• provide technical liaison to Regional and Head Office staff, Municipalities, Ministries, the public and outside agencies
How do I qualify?
• demonstrated knowledge of road design, construction, maintenance and preservation strategies, contract preparation, tendering, and contract administration
• proven ability to develop, deliver and monitor annual work plans and budgets for Minor Capital, Environmental, and Facilities programs
• demonstrated knowledge of road maintenance, rehabilitation methods, standards and specifications
• knowledge of drainage and road aging behaviour
• knowledge of corridor management practices to coordinate the relocation of utilities
• proven supervisory skills and experience leading a team in achieving organizational strategic directions and goals
• well-developed communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to prepare briefing notes, correspondence and business cases
• demonstrated ability to plan, organize, determine and monitor priorities and set individual assignments for staff members
• proven ability to liaise and establish relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups
• demonstrated ability to make recommendations and prepare effective proposals to resolve issues
• ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies, procedures, specifications and standards
• demonstrated knowledge and abilities to apply financial, forecasting and accounting practices
• working knowledge of computer software such as word processing, databases and spreadsheets