*Targeted to Post-Secondary students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario. Ministry and job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
1 position at 1 Stone Rd, Guelph
What can I expect to do in this role?
• This position will support the strategic social media, marketing and communications in different program areas, and will require the candidate to be fluent and up-to-date in social media marketing.
You will be working closely with the Marketing team and may have the following opportunities: Manage the brand and visual identity
• Plan and manage marketing campaigns in all media, e.g., online, interactive, print, radio and television, as required, for all advertising initiatives
• Manage the marketing elements for various channels including the ServiceOntario service channels: in-person, online, kiosk and telephone
• Coordinate design and production of advertising, print collateral, signage, website and digital applications and other media
• Develop and implement strategies that align with the latest trends in technology, social media and consumer behaviour
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Assist in the recommendation, preparation, editing and proofreading of various social media communications entries
• Liaise and/or consult with staff across the branch and Ministry, as required, to identify and/or clarify social media content, priorities, needs, goals and issues and ensure that messaging goals are clearly understood and translated into suitable social media content
• Research social media sites and products, as required
• Stay up-to-date on social media trends and technologies by regularly reviewing various available resources
• Participate in, and/or assist with marketing-related meetings and project teams
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
How do I qualify?
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) due to program funding.
Some positions may require the successful candidate(s) to undergo a personal security screening check as a condition of employment.
Please review the qualifications for this position:
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, record date etc)
• You apply your oral communication skills to communicate and share your knowledge with staff
• You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
Technical Skills and Knowledge
•Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office suite, web reporting tools and software
•Understanding of the roles of various communications channels and how social media relates
•Knowledge of the Internet and ability to conduct online research and prepare a variety of documents using information gathered online
•Knowledge and experience in writing, editing, and proofreading various communication documents
Research, Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
• Use the Internet and other sources to gather aggregate data, analyze and input data findings and summarize information
• Input data accurately and generate reports, paying close attention to details
• Apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means
• Support multiple projects and plan, coordinate and schedule a range of activities ensuring deadlines are met
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines