The Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) seeks an I&IT technical systems specialist with expertise in the planning, design, development and management of large-scale server systems technology and integrated network facilities. Consider this challenging opportunity to join a dedicated team in supporting EQAO business delivery priorities and ensuring optimum systems services and performance.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• manage the design, development and maintenance of the EQAO centralized server, network, and related applications, and lead the monitoring and evaluation of server and network performance, reliability, efficiency and cost
• conduct the analysis, forecasting and evaluation of new technologies to meet EQAO business needs and improve productivity
• plan, manage and lead projects for the procurement and deployment of hardware, software, and networking components
• identify, analyze and resolve server and network technical issues
• provide technology expertise, advice and recommendations to EQAO senior management
• lead the development of server and network systems documentation, operations procedures, staff training materials, and deliver systems training programs to EQAO management and staff
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills
• demonstrated knowledge and technical expertise in fully supporting and building SMB type environments and experience in working in IT environments with a range of technologies
• demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Windows Server, Exchange, BES, Active Directory, GPOs, Routing and Switching, Firewalls, VPNs, Virus and Security, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and demonstrated knowledge and expertise working with Microsoft server products and virtualization technologies, Hyper-V and WMWare
• demonstrated knowledge and skills in implementing, maintaining and trouble-shooting end-to-end server and network solutions for the enterprise
• demonstrated knowledge and skills working in highly available production environments including server clusters and farms, SAN, iSCSI and fibre, IPS, TRM, security appliances, DRP
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• analytical and problem solving skills to assess the technology/systems needs and provide technical expertise in the development of the information technology network solutions which are cost effective and improve the program service
• analytical and evaluation skills to assess design alternatives related to business needs, guide server/network systems design and make recommendations
Project Management and Leadership Skills
• demonstrated knowledge of I&IT project planning principles and methods, and demonstrated skills in managing I&IT development projects
• project leadership skills to lead and conduct systems analysis and design projects and provide project guidance and direction to consultants and staff
• ability to provide technical leadership in the design process for business, data and functional systems/network models
Communication and Consulting Skills
• demonstrated oral communication, consultation and presentation skills to provide technology expertise, advice and recommendations to senior management
• demonstrated written communication skills to prepare systems design documents, business cases, project reports, user manuals and technical systems documentation