*Targeted to Post-Secondary students*
This job posting represents multiple positions across Ontario. Job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Natural Resources
1 position at 1450 - 7th Avenue East, Owen Sound
1 position at 615 John Street North, Aylmer
What can I expect to do in this role?
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Assist officers and inspectors with the planning and organization of field activities, including routine field inspections, regarding compliance, enforcement, promotion, inspection, and monitoring
• Aid with resource management through data collection, data entry, compliance reporting, mapping, inspections and interviews
• Perform research, conduct analysis and evaluate environmental information and data to produce reports
• The operation of boats, motors, ATVs and other specialized equipment may be required. The assistant may work outdoors and in diverse weather conditions.
How do I qualify?
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) due to program funding.
Some positions may require the successful candidate(s) to undergo a personal security screening check as a condition of employment.
Communications and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, record data etc.)
• You apply your interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and have a strong work ethic to work independently
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• You apply your experience using Microsoft Office product suite, such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentations (PowerPoint); email and internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines
• You can work in an outdoor environment with some physical activity involved, including traversing through fields, streams, and forests, in accordance with the Employment Standards Act and Workplace Health and Safety regulations
• You are able and willing to travel with staff on multi-day outdoor field trips
• You have a valid Ontario G2 Driver's License (or higher) with an excellent driving record
• You have a valid Pleasure Craft Operators Card, Standard First Aid and CPR certification, or are you willing and able to acquire these certifications as a condition of your employment