*Targeted to Post-Secondary students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within one Ministry. Job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Natural Resources
2 positions at Bloomington Road, Aurora
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Assist in the development and implementation of outreach and conservation services programs for private landowners within the watershed
• Assisting with the coordination of education initiatives targeting landowners to promote the protection, enhancement, and rehabilitation of creeks, streams, and natural features
• Assisting landowners in the development and implementation of best management plans for water quality, woodlands, wetlands and fish & wildlife habitat
• Assisting in the delivery of public workshops and events for private landowners on watershed conservation topics, scheduling and facilitation of meetings with project partners, community groups and stakeholders facilitate project delivery
How do I qualify?
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) due to program funding.
Some positions may require the successful candidate(s) to undergo a personal security screening check as a condition of employment.
Communications and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare and maintain a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, data, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.)
• You apply your oral communication and customer service skills to respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries and provide information to internal clients and/or public
• You apply your interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team and participate in meetings
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• You apply your experience using computer software, such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), databases, geographic information systems, email and Internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents
• You apply your knowledge and experience by performing research and data compilation including assembling information from hardcopy and digital sources, and performing data entry
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your work to meet competing deadlines