*Targeted to High School students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario. Ministry and job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Attorney General
1 position at 5 Court St, K7L 2N4, Kingston - 1 position is bilingual
2 positions at 29 2nd St W, K6J 3P2, Cornwall
1 position at 59 Court St, K0B 1K0, L'Orignal - 1 position is bilingual
1 position at 41 Court House Sq, K6V 7N1, Brockville
Ministry of Government Services
1 position at 1005 Elgin St , Suite 105, K9A 5J4, Cobourg
1 position at 400 Pembroke St E, K8A 3K8, Pembroke
1 position at 49 Place D'Armes, K7L 5J3, Kingston
1 position at 1201 Division St, K7K 6X4, Kingston
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
3 positions at 1055 Princess St, K7L 5T3, Kingston
1 position at 370 Select Dr, K7M 8T4, Kingston
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Support staff in providing assistance to public and/or internal inquiries
• Support staff in providing assistance with administrative and clerical services to ensure effective and efficient administrative operations
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Reception duties and/or counter services support; process payments and perform basic mathematical calculations accurately
• Make copies of correspondence and other printed material for branch/unit meetings
• Maintain filing system and office files by regularly updating key documents (e.g. employee telephone directory, emergency contact list etc.); reorganizing or collating information as and when required
• Perform basic data entry functions and prepare documents
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
• Work may include experience specified/listed in the questions below
How do I qualify?
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) due to program funding.
Some positions may require the successful candidate(s) to undergo a personal security screening check as a condition of employment.
Some positions may require candidate(s) to be bilingual in English and French.
The following skills will be developed on the job:
• Verbal, written and listening communication skills by understanding processes and guidelines & preparing documents (e.g. basic reports, recording data etc.)
• Verbal, written, listening communication skills and customer service skills by performing reception duties, responding to phone, emails, and in-person inquiries
• Basic mathematical skills to perform cash handling duties
• Organizational skills by collecting and organizing files, reports and other documents
• Time management skills by working in a busy environment to meet deadlines
• Interpersonal skills by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
Required Skills & Work Habits:
• Follow directions and seek clarification
• Attention to detail to record information accurately and to process and prepare administrative paperwork and payments
• Work in collaboration with others in a team setting and take initiative
• Being punctual