*Targeted to High School students*
This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario. Ministry and job location details are listed below. You are required to identify the ministries and cities you are interested in applying to. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Applications are accepted online. Resumes and cover letters are not accepted. Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on the application form.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOEligibilityCriteria.asp') Eligibility Requirements (/a)
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Student Application Guide (/a) -item 1 in Key Resources
- (a href='http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOKeyResources.asp') Explanation of Rating Scale for Application Questions (/a) -item 2 in Key Resources
Detailed Position Breakdown:
Ministry of Children and Youth Services
1 position at 477 Mount Pleasant Rd, M7A 1G1, Toronto
Ministry of Community and Social Services
3 positions at 477 Mount Pleasant Rd, M7A 1G1, Toronto, 1 position is bilingual
1 position at 1870 Wilson Ave., Toronto
1 position at 385 Yonge St., Toronto
1 position at 770 Birchmount Rd., Toronto
2 positions at 5700 Yonge St, M2M 4K5, North York
Ministry of Government Services
2 positions at 777 Bay St, M5G 2E5, Toronto
1 position at 5775 Yonge St, M2M 4J1, North York
1 position at 134 Ian Macdonald Blvd, M7A 2C6, North York
Ministry of Transportation
1 positions at 1201 Wilson Ave, M3M 1J8, Downsview
What can I expect to do in this role?
Assist staff with the day to day administration and coordination of small and/or large scale projects
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Working under the guidance and supervision of team members to support the day to day workflow of the project
• Make copies of correspondence and other printed material for branch/unit/project meetings
• Maintain office filing system by regularly updating key documents (e.g. employee telephone directory, emergency contact list etc.); reorganizing or collating information as and when required
• Perform basic data entry functions and prepare documents for distribution
• Perform basic research using the Internet
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
How do I qualify?
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) due to program funding.
Some positions may require the successful candidate(s) to undergo a personal security screening check as a condition of employment.
Some positions may require candidate(s) to be bilingual in English and French.
The following skills will be developed on the job:
• Verbal, written and listening communication skills by understanding processes and guidelines & preparing documents (e.g. basic reports, recording data etc.)
• Organizational skills by collecting and organizing files, reports and other documents
• Time management skills by working in a busy environment to meet deadlines
• Interpersonal skills by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
Required Skills & Work Habits:
• Follow directions and seek clarification
• Attention to detail to record information accurately
• Work in collaboration with others in a team setting and taking initiative on routine tasks
• Familiarity with the Internet and web-based tools e.g. to perform research on site engines and/or social media
• Being punctual