With a vision to become the leading workplace compensation board, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) provides no-fault insurance and compensation for Ontarians in the event of a workplace injury or illness. We are committed to delivering what matters: fast, accessible service and fair benefits at a fair price.
We've recently launched a comprehensive plan for modernizing and revitalizing the WSIB. This is an exciting time for the organization, and we invite you to be a part of it as we work to grow and improve the services we provide.
Recognized as a best-in-class learning organization, we promote professional development and are committed to providing our people with opportunities to lead, learn and grow, ensuring that we're providing the best possible service to the people of Ontario. We offer a market-competitive total compensation plan and a robust wellness program that promotes a healthy lifestyle as well as work/life balance.
The work we do at the WSIB is meaningful and challenging, and it makes a difference to the people of Ontario. We value integrity, reliability and fairness, and we embrace the diversity of the people we work with and serve.
The WSIB's Corporate Business Information and Analytics (CBIA) Division is a key partner in the organization's strategic transformation initiatives with a focus on driving change. It leads the development of the WSIB's strategic direction, facilitates the development and execution of the corporate plan, and ensures alignment of organizational activities across the enterprise.
We are looking for a strategic thinker and dynamic leader to provide expertise, consultation, and leadership to WSIB management and staff with respect to data policies and practices. Overseeing a team of business analysts and reporting into the Assistant Director of Information Management Shared Services, the Information Quality Manager will develop and Implement data quality processes, procedures and standards, and conduct regular data validation activities to ensure highest quality WSIB data. Leads or supports the data-cleansing initiatives for the purpose of improving, purging and eliminating corrupt, missing or redundant information from enterprise systems.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Establish a data quality program and manage processes and practices related to data quality to ensure data accuracy, viability and value. This relates to all data utilized by CBIA, primarily residing in the Enterprise Information Warehouse, and may also include source data.
• Provide data quality tools and expertise to the enterprise.
• Leads data quality assessment efforts and data quality/validation activities
• Develops data quality assessment, controls and cleansing specifications
• Advise projects on the design and execution of data quality initiatives, guidelines and standards
• Align the data quality to the data governance framework and roadmap.
• Work closely with Business Analytics Branch on identifying, resolving and communicating of data quality issues impacting business analytics
• Contribute to the data strategy mandate. • Serve as a subject matter expert for the enterprise relating to data quality, to leverage industry best practices.
• Manage individual performance of team members by mentoring and providing appropriate feedback, identifying skill gaps, training needs and professional development requirements to ensure delivery of high quality and consistent performance. Provide advice and direction to team members related to the application of data quality management.
• Ensure the business unit is adequately and competently staffed, identify resource requirements, conduct the hiring process, objectives, conduct performance reviews and provide guidance and expertise to staff.
• Establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with delivery partners and clients.
• Establish metrics to ensure objectives of the data quality program are being met, and ensure risk management, quality management and continuous improvement processes are established to monitor the effectiveness of the team function.
How do I qualify?
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge typically acquired through a post-graduate degree in business administration, computer science or related field with experience in data quality, quality assurance master data, data governance strategies and principles, plus supervisory / management experience.
• Experience using IBM Information Analyzer
• Data Management experience
• Experience in creating data quality metrics
• Data quality assessment skills
• Knowledge of BI tool architectures, functions and features
• Applied knowledge of SAS and SQL
• Knowledge of enterprise data modeling, metadata management and best practices in data quality management
• Knowledge of enterprise data warehousing design, architecture and functionality
• Solid, demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a high performing culture, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines • Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
• Knowledge of compensation board, health care or insurance data, either Provincial or Federal Knowledge of any applicable legislation or standards related to data quality, either Provincial or Federal
• Ability to communicate to senior management and different business areas to understand their data and information needs; provide guidance and direction on usage and protection of the data
• Ability to articulate the data quality value proposition and negotiate with all levels of the organization to influence change
• Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with internal business partners, staff and service vendors, including: conflict management, problem resolution, influencing, negotiating and facilitating
• Leadership and management skills to coach and motivate staff, identify training and developmental needs and manage performance
• Proficiency with PC word processing, Microsoft graphics / presentation and spreadsheet software such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Project and SharePoint
Note: As a precondition of employment, the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board may require a prospective candidate to undergo a criminal records name check prior to or at anytime following hire.
Note: Kindly indicate in the subject line “Manager, Information Quality, Last Name, First Name”.