Are you a strategic, results-oriented and highly motivated individual? Consider this challenging role with the Strategic Human Resources Business Branch, MNR providing coordination and project management support, in the areas of organizational health, safety and wellness, talent and performance management, workforce and human capital planning and strategies, organizational capacity and engagement, and strategic labour relations. This position will support all of the areas as outlined above.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide functional, coordination and project management support to HR Business Advisors in the areas of health, safety and wellness; talent and performance management, workforce and human capital planning and strategies, organizational capacity and engagement, and strategic labour relations;
- Support ministry specific and/or corporate OPS HR initiatives with a broad organizational focus and impact;
- Assist to implement strategies and processes to meet client needs and will support particular Workforce Analytics and Change Management section activities and projects (examples include organizational health, safety and wellness, conflict of interest, and contingency planning support).
How do I qualify?
Technical and Human Resources Knowledge:
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of strategic human resources initiatives with a focus on health, safety and wellness, to provide support to unit operations;
- Proven ability to apply knowledge of related Human Resources legislation, policies, programs and collective agreements (e.g. Public Service of Ontario Act, Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Policy).
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Demonstrated consultative, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to interact with ministry senior executives, and other ministry staff;
- Political acuity to work effectively with different levels of government, and to use tact and good judgement.
Project Management Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in coordination and project management techniques in order to assist in the planning and development of various initiatives and applications, and to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Research and Analytical Skills:
- Proven research and analytical skills to review and analyze business and strategic human resources management issues, and prepare appropriate recommendations and reports.