Are you a strategic, solutions-oriented IT leader with superior relationship management skills? Do you have a passion for public service and a commitment to enabling business performance through effective and professional IT services?
If so, consider this exciting and challenging opportunity to provide strategic and functional leadership as the Head, Architecture, Information Management and Project Management in the Central Agencies Information & Information Technology (I&IT) Cluster.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, Central Agencies I&IT Cluster, you will:
• Provide strategic direction and senior leadership to the branch to ensure the integrity, quality and efficiency of its projects, programs, operations and services.
• Contribute to senior level enterprise strategic planning, decision-making and problem-solving in defining I&IT enterprise architecture, roadmaps and directions.
• Develop and manage key relationships with internal and external partners, clients and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of strategic outcomes.
• Ensure corporate I&IT strategies and policies are consistent with trends and best practices in technology, industry and other jurisdictions and are achievable within the current environment.
• Support and promote a productive team environment, fostering a culture of excellence and taking leadership in creating an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible work place.
How do I qualify?
• You have a track record of delivering exceptional results in complex IT environments.
• You have experience and expertise in delivering a wide range of IT solutions to support enterprise directions and priorities.
• You have proven experience in developing strategic and operational plans and in effectively and efficiently managing human, financial, material, information and time resources.
• You are an inspiring leader with a passion for creating a shared vision of service excellence, innovation, diversity, and inclusion.
• You are known for sustaining and developing strong partnerships with clients, stakeholders, colleagues and senior management.
• You have effective interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, including non-technical experts.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
• You have experience in enterprise I&IT architecture at the conceptual, logical and physical levels.
• You have expertise in the planning, design, development and implementation of IT solutions, infrastructure and processes.
• You have developed I&IT strategies, plans, deliverables, policies and standards.
• You have knowledge pertaining to the controllership, governance and accountability of service/goods providers.