Are you a motivated, enthusiastic individual with well organized office administrative and interpersonal skills? The Ontario Clean Water Agency has the job for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will provide administrative assistance in support of all activities required for a cluster of water and/or wastewater facilities with the Georgian Bay Hub, Eastern Region. This will include assisting Managers by producing correspondence/reports, receiving inquiries, arranging meetings, maintaining databases/filing systems, coordinating information, purchasing/accounts payable, following up with suppliers, correcting discrepancies, monitoring/processing documentation; attendance, payroll and human resources support.
How do I qualify?
• Good knowledge of office administration, procedures and processes.
• Good knowledge of administrative practices, policies and procedures related to purchasing
(including general accounting principles) accounts payable, Attendance Clerks/Coordinator (ACC) attendance for 12 hour shifts at a 24 hour facility, and payroll.
• Excellent knowledge of computers; ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and software (e.g. GP Dynamics, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus Notes, Hansen, WIN, Internet). Proven computer skills.
Skills and abilities include:
• Excellent oral communication and customer service skills to liaise with clients, vendors/suppliers to respond to inquiries. Proven oral communication skills.
• Good written communication skills to prepare to routine correspondence, meeting minutes and various documentation.
• Excellent analytical, planning, time management and organizational skills to complete work assignments and coordinate multiple tasks within stated deadline.
• Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment.
• A defined benefit pension plan
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits which includes adoptive parents
• Comprehensive Health Plan
• Life and Disability insurance
• Flexible learning and development opportunities
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization through a wide range of career fields within the Ontario Public Service