This is your opportunity to apply your professional expertise in training and education program development and delivery.
We are seeking an innovative, strategic and collaborative learning and development professional with expertise in e-learning, blended learning and classroom courses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and support of training and education programs for Ministry program areas.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As part of a diverse team, you will:
• lead all stages of learning and development programs including analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation including contract management with external vendors
• work collaboratively with Ministry staff, external consultants, industry associations, ministry and stakeholder groups
• develop comprehensive education and training programs using various delivery methods including e-learning, blended instruction and classroom courses for Ministry program areas
How do I qualify?
• You have demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles and practices, emerging theories, trends, methodologies and principles, instructional design and curriculum development.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of e-learning development concepts, principles and methodologies and ability to design programs that leverage various delivery methods including web based methodologies, webinar, mobile, online and video.
• You have general knowledge and understanding of the agri-food industry and/or environmental issues.
• You have excellent oral, written and technology-based presentation and communication skills.
• You demonstrate effective interpersonal, consultation and relationship building skills and can work with diverse groups and build partnerships across the Ministry.
Project management, coordination, and leadership skills:
• You can provide leadership and have demonstrated knowledge of project management methods and techniques to plan and lead/manage multiple concurrent projects, provide advice and direction, ensure efficient use of resources and ensure that timelines and deliverables are met.
• You have demonstrated the ability to manage consulting services and contracts including developing requests for proposals, managing deliverables, and evaluating services and products.
• You can monitor and evaluate project progress and report on results.
• You have critical analysis skills to manage program design, development and evaluation.
• You have budget planning and management skills to prepare cost benefit analyses, plan and control project budgets.
• You are proficient with software applications, collaboration tools and e-learning technologies for the design/ development of e-learning programs, analysis, database management, word processing, and electronic communications.