Do you have excellent leadership skills? Are you interested in managing and directing the activities of a section that provides structural engineering expertise in the management of highway structures? If this sounds like you, please consider this exciting opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide leadership and overall direction to the Regional Structural Section in the review, planning, and delivery of investigations, studies, design contracts, and pilot projects/trials
• Approve and affix professional stamp on completed project documents
• Participate in the development and/or revision of policies, standards, operating guidelines, specifications, tools and systems in the field of structural engineering
• Participate in negotiations with internal and external agencies (e.g. , Coast Guard, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Transport Canada, Environment Canada, Ministry of Natural Resources, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Labour, Railways, etc.) for the approvals of Structural projects
• Plan, directs and manages the financial and administrative activities of the section.
• Manage the human resource activities of the section
How do I qualify?
• Applicants must be licensed by PEO
• You are able to motivate and lead professional and technical staff in achievement of goals, priorities and business plans
• You have planning, conceptual and organizational skills to develop and implement the overall direction and activities
• You are able to identify changing needs and priorities; to identify opportunities for new service delivery
• You demonstrate good judgement and political acuity in managing issues
• You have demonstrated superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• You can establish and maintain working relationships, and linkages with a range of audiences
• You have knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of civil engineering with emphasis on bridge planning, design, rehabilitation, evaluation, construction and inspection
• You have practical experience in the design, rehabilitation, construction, evaluation and inspection of complex structures
• You demonstrate understanding of related fields such as road design, hydrology, soils and foundations
• You have demonstrated skills in managing financial budgets
• You have knowledge of human resources principles and Collective Agreement provisions
• You have analytical and problem solving skills