At ServiceOntario, we are committed to providing the citizens of Ontario with fast, friendly and easy access to Ontario government information and services online, in person and by phone.
Our vision is to be recognized for meeting or exceeding customer expectations with our service, solutions, leadership and people - Every time!
If you strive to provide customers with a positive service experience and thrive in a fast-paced, team driven environment, then a career as a customer service representative is for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide quality in-person front counter customer services by providing timely and accurate information related to government programs, products and services in a retail and customer service oriented environment
• Provide interpretation of guidelines, directives and procedures
• Provide guidance and support to customers in completing documents and forms, and in the use of public access workstations (i.e., online small business registration)
• Provide guidance and support to customers experiencing problems accessing or obtaining specialized information, and refer to the appropriate program area or organization for resolution
• Process business and individual customer transactions, determining that eligibility requirements are met and obtaining required documents
• Collect and process payments, issuing refunds, and reconcile payments with transactions
• Maintain files and electronic database systems
• Produce a variety of reports and correspondence
• You may be required to work evenings and or Saturdays
How do I qualify?
Customer Service and Communication Skills
• You have experience providing in-person, front counter customer service responding to inquiries, providing advice and information, and resolving customer issues in a high-volume environment
• You are a clear, concise oral communicator and can ask appropriate questions to better understand customer inquiries
• You have written communication skills to prepare correspondence
• You have exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with the public and resolve customer complaints
Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
• You have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills to probe for information, assess situations and determine appropriate course of action
• You can effectively analyze information to determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
• You demonstrate judgment and tact when interacting with customers
Collaboration and Organizational Skills
• You have flexibility and collaboration skills to effectively work in a team-driven environment and ensure that operational requirements are being met
• You can interact with other team members to discuss varying points of views, ideas and opinions to help make decisions
• You can organize and prioritize workloads
• You have knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level
• You have demonstrated ability to reference, research and apply relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines (e.g. where applicable, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, etc.) in order to support the accurate completion of forms and transactions
Financial and Administrative Skills
• You have experience handling cash and operating cash registers and point of sale machines to process monetary transactions
• You can accurately calculate fees, collect money, balance floats, prepare deposits and reports
• You can accurately maintain filing systems
• You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
• You can use computers to research, retrieve and summarize information