Consider this unique opportunity with Huronia Historical Parks where you will provide plant operations and coordination services for modern and historic buildings at the Sainte-Marie among the Hurons and Discovery Harbour heritage tourist attractions.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Conduct regular inspection, maintenance and repairs of building systems and automatic and manual life safety systems in modern and historic buildings and grounds;
• Perform electronic services, including minor repairs and maintenance, and assist with basic plumbing and electrical repairs;
• Ensure work methods and preventative maintenance plans are in accordance to government codes, by-laws and relevant acts;
• Coordinate and monitor pest control services, security contracts and other services with trade contractors;
• Provide technical expertise to contractors and students, and deliver orientation training.
Please note: This position requires occasional weekend or evening work, and travelling between the sites.
How do I qualify?
• Valid class G driver's licence
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment
• You have experience in providing physical plant operations and coordination services, including building automation, mechanical, electrical, water, sewer, security services, intrusion detection, cross contamination and pest control, HVAC, natural gas equipment, life safety and legislated maintenance, inspection, testing and repairs
• You have experience in performing electronic services, including repairs and maintenance for museum show, humidification and AV equipment, slide shows, digital instrumentation and lighting
• You have experience in performing general maintenance duties, including painting, drywall repair, basic plumbing, electrical and cleaning
• You can operate maintenance equipment such as ATVs, snow removal and lawn equipment, trucks, tractors and hand tools
Communication, Organizational, Analytical and Computer Skills
• You can write and update manuals and emergency plans, prepare reports, develop scope of work for maintenance and construction projects
• You can represent Huronia Historical Parks at various meetings, and provide technical expertise to contractors and students
• You can manage multiple projects and prioritize work demands under strict deadlines
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
Other Key Knowledge
• You have working knowledge of legislation related to building infrastructure and systems (e.g., Ontarians with Disability Act, Ontario Building Code, Electrical Safety Authority, Ontario Fire Code, Technical Safety and Standards Authority and the Occupational Health and Safety Act)