This job posting represents multiple positions within different ministries and locations across Ontario noted in the city list above. You will be required to identify the cities you are interested in applying to. Because some cities may be located in distant or remote areas in Ontario please confirm the location using Google Maps when applying. Note: relocation expenses are not covered by ministries.
Describe your skills, knowledge and relevant paid work or volunteer experience in the related questions on this application form. Resumes and cover letters cannot be attached.
To assist you with the application process please visit the Summer Employment Opportunities website and view the following resources:
- Eligibility Requirements
- Apply Online - Student Application Guide - item 1 in Key Resources
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Support a team in Human Resources (HR) related activities and functions
You may be required to work on some or all of the following tasks:
• Provide assistance on HR activities including recruitment, health and wellness, workforce planning, employee engagement, accessibility, diversity and learning and development, etc.
• Prepare and organize correspondence, perform data entry and word processing functions, and create various documents
• Work/interact with a wide network of internal clients and team members
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
• Work may require experience specified/listed in the questions below or other similar tasks as assigned
How do I qualify?
All positions require students to be 15 years of age on the first day of employment with no age limit.
Some positions require students to be 15-24 years of age (or 15-29 years of age if you are a person with a disability) on the first day of employment due to program funding.
Some positions on this job ad will require the successful candidate to undergo a general-level screening check, which includes a criminal record check, at their own expense.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You apply your written communication skills to prepare a variety of documents (e.g. reports, document findings, record data, presentations, meeting minutes, etc.)
• You apply your customer service skills to respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries and provide information to internal clients
• You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• You apply your experience using Microsoft Office product suite, such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), databases; email and Internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents
• You apply your knowledge and/or experience with human resources principles (HR) and practices to perform a variety of HR related activities such as data verification, preparing statistical reports, assisting with training, recruitment, interpreting directives and legislations etc.
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You apply your discretion and sensitivity skills when working with confidential information
• You use the Internet and other sources to gather and aggregate data, analyze and input data findings and summarize information
• You apply your planning and organizational skills to collect, organize, review and verify information/data through review of files, reports, and other means
• You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your time to meet competing deadlines