Are you looking for a great career and rewarding future where you can make a difference to the lives of Ontarians? IT Source is an internal professional services organization with a mobile workforce assigned to IT project development assignments across the OPS. The assignments will generally vary in lengths of approximately 6-18 months and will be located at a variety of locations throughout the GTA.
IT Source offers the Ontario Public Service I&IT Community a centralized and effective approach to resource acquisition, and also provides enterprise wide project and portfolio management solutions and services, and Cloud solutions and services.
Join the Ontario Public Service, where you will have opportunities to work with leading technologies on an interesting and diverse range of projects. We are proud to have been chosen as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers; one of Greater Toronto's Top 75 Employers, and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Technical Architect, you will:
• undertake comprehensive architecture needs assessments, architect new solutions and conduct complex reviews in support of systems and infrastructure needs for OPS clients
• provide advice and technical leadership to ensure compliance with current OPS and industry architecture policies, standards, processes and controls
• participate in challenging enterprise-wide and cross jurisdictional architecture projects with technical components
How do I qualify?
Technical Architecture Knowledge and Experience:
• you have demonstrated expert knowledge and advance professional skills in all aspects of technical architecture
• you have strategic architecture planning and related applications, technology, tools, methodologies, monitoring and trends
• you have experience defining requirements and in developing detailed plans for large scale and complex technical architecture projects or components
• you have expertise in ensuring integrity of technical architecture models to monitor and ensure compliance with policies and standards
• you have experience leading and completing technical architectures in complex, multi-project or multi-client organizations
• you can provide practical expertise to meet quickly-evolving, complex and/or diverse needs
• you have knowledge of other architecture domains (e.g. application, business information, security), architecture management, the software development lifecycle, software integration, management, evaluation and control mechanisms, database concepts and networking (e.g. Zackman Framework, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) guidelines for enterprise architecture artefacts and processes)
• you have knowledge of hardware environments, change management, business analysis, including business design and I&IT business management, capacity planning, quality assurance, risk management, disaster and recovery planning, business process modelling and process re-engineering
Project Management Skills:
• you have project management skills including planning, estimating, and budgeting to manage multiple, concurrent complex, large scale technical architecture projects
• you have the ability to provide functional expertise to assigned project staff
• you have knowledge of the procurement process to prepare technical specs and provide input into Request for Service/Request for Proposals
Research and Analytical Skills:
• you have research, analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to evaluate trends, standards and policies
• you have analytical skills to develop options and make recommendations on architectural issues and situations
• you have problem solving skills to provide cost-effective and reliable technical architecture experience and solutions
• you have experience monitoring progress, resolving problems and reporting regularly with recommendations to I&IT management and clients
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you have demonstrated presentation and communication skills to make persuasive presentations, and also to communicate technical information to a non technical audiences
• you have consulting skills and relationship management skills to work with all levels of I&IT management, clients, business partners, stakeholders, and project staff
• you can consult on and lead complex reviews to assess causes and recommend solutions for technical architecture problems