The Ministry of Natural Resources is looking for a Realty Administrator to fill an important role within the Services and Infrastructure Management Branch. Consider this exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the corporate accomodation plan and help manage the ministry's changing realty portfolio.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide research and analytical services, and contribute to the development of the corporate accommodation plan and the realty portfolio budget forecast submissions and business cases for the Ministry of Natural Resources
• conduct financial analysis to support the management of the ministry corporate accommodation rent account/baseline data integrity
• participate in reconciliation of the ministry's changing realty portfolio with the high value rental invoice from Infrastructure Ontario
How do I qualify?
• You have a valid class 'G' driver's licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario.
• experience with property and realty planning and management theory, principles and practices
• knowledge of accommodation planning legislation, policies, directives and guidelines to conduct realty portfolio research and analysis, and participate in the development of the ministry's corporate accommodation plan
• knowledge of property leasing principles and practices including market rates, contractual agreements, property loans, and PIL (pay in lieu) tax regulations to conduct analysis of the ministry's portfolio, and reconciling invoices
Financial analysis and planning skills:
• capable of financial modeling, variance analysis, cost-benefit analysis and trending principles and methods to conduct financial analysis, prepare reports, and advise the Senior Realty Administrator
• basic accounting skills to balance the ministry's $30 million dollar accommodation rental account, and to participate in the account reconciliation
Research and analytical skills:
• research and analytical skills to identify, compile, revise and analyze accommodation business documents, research material and develop draft reports to support management decision making, and conduct analysis of the ministry's corporate realty portfolio
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• interpersonal and advisory skills to provide information, guidance, support and advice to ministry program management on accommodation planning/management processes
• communication skills to prepare and/or contribute to accommodation plans, financial analyses reports, issues documents, briefing papers, policy documents, and presentations
• proficiency with computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, internet browsers and email as well as accounting software to maintain property portfolio records, conduct financial analysis, and prepare reports
• basic desktop publishing skills sufficient to prepare professional presentations for executives