Approximately 38 individuals applied for this opportunity.
We are screening ALL applications received on or before the closing date and rating them against the qualifications outlined in the job ad. Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process.
To learn about our recruitment process, visit our Hiring Steps
SENIOR MANAGER, STRATEGY, PLANNING & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Health Services I&IT Cluster Division
XITX1 - Information Technology Executive 1
$104,050.00 - $137,700.00 Per Year
Are you a strategic leader with exceptional I&IT business and planning skills? Are you innovative with the ability to lead a team to service excellence? If so, the Health Services I&IT Cluster, Planning Architecture and Financial Management Branch is looking for a strategic and innovative leader with demonstrated experience managing I&IT solutions and services to support policy and strategic planning functions.
The successful candidate will lead and provide consulting services, expertise and strategic options to programs on the appropriate application of technology to business problems including infrastructure and architecture requirements.
What can I expect to do in this role?Reporting to the Head, Planning, Architecture and Financial Management,
• Lead the development and review of comprehensive technology and business strategies.
• Lead a team of profesional staff in managing strategic I&IT planning, information management, application portfolio management and strategic direction.
• Provide comprehensive I&IT investment advice to the cluster management and lead the planning of initiatives that support the cluster's strategic vision and directions.
• Provide strategic leadership and guidance to deliver IT solutions/services that meet business requirements, support continuous improvement and innovation, and support digital and open government.
• Be outcome focused, planning, prioritizing and managing to ensure the integrity, quality and timeliness of projects and initiatives.
• Build effective relationships and consult with business areas to provide sound advice related to IT projects.
• Lead support and promote a productive team environment which reflects an inclusive, diverse and accessible work place.
How do I qualify?
Strategic Leadership• You have proven ability to lead teams to deliver results in a high intensity, high-profile environment.
• You have demonstrated leadership experience developing strategic I&IT or business plans.
• You can engage staff and promote a strong organizational culture of excellence, equality, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
• You have well-developed change management skills to initiate, support, and complete transformational I&IT solutions.
• You have demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence, and move agendas to ensure alignment with the strategic vision.
Stakeholder Management and Communication• You can build, maintain and enhance effective collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and business partnerships.
• You can effectively manage expectations and anticipate and resolve major obstacles.
• You have the ability to communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
Technical Knowledge• You have demonstrated knowledge of the current principles, best practices, trends, and issues of digital government and I&IT solutions design and delivery
• You have knowledge and experience in strategic planning, demonstrated technical knowledge in I&IT project management, I&IT portfolio investment management and business model design.
• You have experience providing expertise and assistance to functional areas in delivering effective technology solutions
• You have a proven track record of delivering solutions for large and diverse I&IT projects on time and on budget.
- 1 Permanent, 49 Place D'Armes, Kingston, East Region or 56 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Friday, December 23, 2016
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, January 13, 2017 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.