Competition Status: Posting Cancelled
Approximately 80 individuals applied for this opportunity.
Due to operational reasons the recruitment for this position has been cancelled.
To look for other job opportunities that match your skills and experience go to Job Search. You may also subscribe to our Job Alert service to receive emails when new jobs open up that match your determined search criteria.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Public Service.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SECRETARY
Ministry of Community and Social Services
Social Assistance Operations Division
08OAD - Office Administration 08
$22.76 - $26.46 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
If you are bilingual, have lots of great initiative and enjoy using it, here is your opportunity to showcase your organizational and administrative skills by joining our team at the Ministry of Community and Social Services in the Eastern Region.
What can I expect to do in this role?In a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, you will:
• Provide a variety of administrative/clerical services.
• Compose and format a variety of correspondence.
• Manage incoming mail, faxes and Internet messages.
• Input and maintain computer database information
• Respond to general inquiries and provide program information.
• Establish and maintain various filing systems.
• Order office supplies and coordinate meetings.
How do I qualify?
Mandatory• You have advanced level oral and written French language skills
Administrative Support Experience• You have knowledge of office procedures/guidelines and have experience providing administrative support such as processing invoices, ordering office supplies, filing and tracking systems, safekeeping of information, preparing written materials, accessing or manipulating data,
• You can gain, understand and apply knowledge of programs, legislation, processes and procedures to respond to and refer inquiries.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills• You can work in a team environment.
• You are effective at receiving telephone calls and greeting office visitors.
• You can compose correspondence and proofread written materials.
Organizational, Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills• You have demonstrated reasoning and problem-solving skills to determine what matters should be given priority.
• You are effective at organizing and prioritizing your workload within established deadlines.
• You have demonstrated good judgement and can analyze and search information and respond to inquiries.
• You are good at determining the most effective way to present materials and solve problems.
Computer Skills• You can use word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software to produce letters, memos, reports, charts, tables and graphics.
• You have keyboarding skills and can use various databases to update/maintain information.
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, 4 Montreal Rd, Cornwall, East Region, General Screening Requirement
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Administrative and Support Services
Monday, January 23, 2017
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, February 6, 2017 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.