Fewer than thirty individuals applied for this opportunity.
We are screening ALL applications received on or before the closing date and rating them against the qualifications outlined in the job ad. Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process.
To learn about our recruitment process, visit our Hiring Steps
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, NORTHERN HERITAGE FUND CORPORATION
Ministry of Northern Development and Mines
XSMC1 - Senior Mgmt Group 1
$93,050.00 - $106,350.00 Per Year
The Ministry of Northern Development and Mines (MNDM), Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation Branch (NOHFC) seeks a motivated, proactive client focused individual to provide strategic leadership in an operational excellence/business modernization environment that will support the enhancement/delivery of programs, services and operational structures of the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, including key strategic investments to stimulate the economic transformation and development of Northern Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?Reporting to the Director you will:
• Lead the modernization/enhancement/organizational renewal of the business infrastructure, systems, quality standards, processes/procedures in order to ensure effective operational delivery of programs and services.
• Manage the planning/prioritization and implementation of strategic initiatives designed to implement/operationalize the NOHFC business plan.
• Lead the execution of all business operations, including program management/delivery, financial management,
• Develop marketing/promotion activities as it relates to the area of research, innovation, development and commercialization that will promote NOHFC's key strategic priorities.
• Manage projects related to government and ministry specific programs.
• Build strong linkages/relationships with executives throughout the ministry, government officials and key stakeholders within the OPS, including external stakeholders, government agencies and Board of Directors/committees from private sector interests.
• Provide leadership, coaching and direction to staff in an operational/policy/office environment.
How do I qualify?
Leadership:• You have proven success leading business/economic development programs/projects in a client service operational environment.
• You have experiences with sound efficiency and effectiveness/quality control models to lead transformative change management initiatives, programs and projects.
• You have demonstrated leadership capabilities and are able to successfully develop, motivate and inspire staff in an inclusive/accessible workplace.
Relationship Management:• You have proven experience managing complex relationships which include multiple internal and external stakeholders, stakeholders include: cities, municipalities, non-profits, First Nations, Metis and the private sector.
• You have demonstrated experience with issues management and use consultative techniques to building strong linkages with your partners.
• You have demonstrated experience communicating sensitive information to senior leaders and provide briefings on contentious matters.
Policy/Political Acutiy:• You have an understanding of government policy and decision making processes, including policy/program, process and implementation.
• You have demonstrated political acuity and are able to successfully influence senior leaders/stakeholders without formal authority.
Job Specific:• You have demonstrated experience in economic development and have developed performance measures, risk management frameworks used to conduct program reviews and evaluations.
• You have in-depth knowledge of the Ministry's strategic direction and priorities, including Ministry specific legislation Acts and regulatory frameworks.
• You are familiar with economic delivery of loans/grants and have implemented technology based tools and resources to modernize financial delivery models.
• Bilingualism in French and English would be considered an asset.
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 24 months, Sault Ste Marie, North Region
Monday, February 8, 2016
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, March 7, 2016 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.