Competition Status: Position Filled
Approximately 140 individuals applied for this opportunity.
We have completed the recruitment process and successfully hired the top candidate into the position.
To look for other job opportunities that match your skills and experience go to Job Search. You may also subscribe to our Job Alert service to receive emails when new jobs open up that match your determined search criteria.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Public Service.
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
20PEC - Ecomcs & Stat (Ama Unit) PEC20
$76,666.00 - $99,591.00 Per Year
Bring your leadership, consultative and analytical skills to the Analytics Branch of the Ministry of Health & Long Term Care where you will:
What can I expect to do in this role?• provide leadership, consultative expertise, research and analysis for the development of advanced methodologies to support Ministry business needs for high quality information.
• provide expertise in the definition and establishment of performance indicators, targets, and benchmarks to monitor performance, set objectives, establish accountability metrics, and make resource allocation decisions.
• act as a technical advisor on health analytic and product development projects to advise on the methodologies necessary to meet client needs.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of the theories, concepts, methods, and measures in the following areas: health economics, statistics, biostatistics, mathematical modeling, leading analytical methods, health analytic trends, performance indicators and research.
• You have knowledge of Ontario's health system.
• You have Knowledge of training techniques and organizational learning.
• You have system thinking skills combined with knowledge of database, statistical and PC based software.
• You can acquire and apply knowledge of legislative authorities and regulations, corporate standards, policies and guidelines in the areas of IT.
• You can acquire and apply knowledge of Ontario's health system strategy, government directions and priorities.
Other Essential Skills:
• You have strong consultative, communication, relationship management and partnership building skills.
- 1 Permanent, 1075 Bay Street, 13th Floor, Toronto, Toronto Region
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Policy and Analysis
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.