Consider this challenging role with Business Consulting Services (BCS) East Region of the Land and Resources I&IT Cluster (LRC) where you will provide a range of business analysis expertise and technical leadership for diverse and concurrent I&IT projects, ranging from medium to large scale, high profile IT initiatives.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As Sr. Business Analyst, you will:
• Plan, lead and conduct business analysis and systems consulting services at levels of detail appropriate to each project and phase of projects related to I&IT systems development and application maintenance and support;
• Plan, facilitate and lead consultations and workshops to review and confirm business requirements, business process re-engineering, business models, business rules and user interface design;
• Provide advice and recommendations for the design, development and implementation of new, enhanced or customized systems, processes and applications;
• Design and conduct/lead comprehensive feasibility and business case analyses for applications and business process improvements;
• Provide project planning input, leadership and expertise for the development, testing and implementation of business systems, deploys and oversee assigned project resources;
• Deploy and oversee assigned project resources.
How do I qualify?
Business Analysis Knowledge:
• You have knowledge and skills in using contemporary tools, techniques, standards and trends in business system planning and analysis, technology management, network technology, systems infrastructure and support, database management, application development, quality assurance and I&IT customer service delivery;
• You demonstrate knowledge and skills in accepted methods, standards, tools, techniques and best practices for business process analysis and design;
• You have knowledge of application engineering, development, implementation and maintenance and enterprise business architecture, information management principles, including logical and physical data modeling and database design.
• You have knowledge of the software development lifecycle, tools and tehniques, architecture management and systems analysis and design principles, methods and techniques;
• You demonstrate knowledge of the Rational Unified Process and associated artifacts, and understanding of leading edge technologies;
• You have knowledge of Enterprise architecture methodologies and the production of associated artifacts;
• You have an understanding of technology integration to synthesize and integrate data and information from numerous platforms (e.g. Java/Oracle, Lotus Notes, Siebel, GIS, BI using Service Oriented Architecture approaches).
Technical Leadership, Project Management and Problem Solving Skills:
• You demonstrate technical leadership and project management skills to plan, estimate resources, prioritize, schedule and lead concurrent large-scale business analysis projects;
• You have analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to lead and/or undertake needs assessment, feasibility and options development projects.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have communication skills to lead and facilitate individuals and teams, make presentations and provide technical guidance;
• You are able to maintain effective business relationships and demonstrate interpersonal and client service skills to establish and maintain a strong partnership environment between clients and the Cluster.