Competition Status: Position Filled
Approximately 122 individuals applied for this opportunity.
We have completed the recruitment process and successfully hired the top candidate into the position.
To look for other job opportunities that match your skills and experience go to Job Search. You may also subscribe to our Job Alert service to receive emails when new jobs open up that match your determined search criteria.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Public Service.
SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
Ministry of Natural Resources
Land and Resources I&IT Cluster
20ASY - Systems Serv (Ama Unit) ASY20
$76,352.00 - $98,990.00 Per Year
Consider this challenging role with Business Consulting Services (BCS) East Region of the Land and Resources I&IT Cluster (LRC) where you will provide a range of business analysis expertise and technical leadership for diverse and concurrent I&IT projects, ranging from medium to large scale, high profile IT initiatives.
What can I expect to do in this role?As Sr. Business Analyst, you will:
• Plan, lead and conduct business analysis and systems consulting services at levels of detail appropriate to each project and phase of projects related to I&IT systems development and application maintenance and support;
• Plan, facilitate and lead consultations and workshops to review and confirm business requirements, business process re-engineering, business models, business rules and user interface design;
• Provide advice and recommendations for the design, development and implementation of new, enhanced or customized systems, processes and applications;
• Design and conduct/lead comprehensive feasibility and business case analyses for applications and business process improvements;
• Provide project planning input, leadership and expertise for the development, testing and implementation of business systems, deploys and oversee assigned project resources;
• Deploy and oversee assigned project resources.
How do I qualify?
Business Analysis Knowledge:• You have knowledge and skills in using contemporary tools, techniques, standards and trends in business system planning and analysis, technology management, network technology, systems infrastructure and support, database management, application development, quality assurance and I&IT customer service delivery;
• You demonstrate knowledge and skills in accepted methods, standards, tools, techniques and best practices for business process analysis and design;
• You have knowledge of application engineering, development, implementation and maintenance and enterprise business architecture, information management principles, including logical and physical data modeling and database design.
IT Knowledge:• You have knowledge of the software development lifecycle, tools and tehniques, architecture management and systems analysis and design principles, methods and techniques;
• You demonstrate knowledge of the Rational Unified Process and associated artifacts, and understanding of leading edge technologies;
• You have knowledge of Enterprise architecture methodologies and the production of associated artifacts;
• You have an understanding of technology integration to synthesize and integrate data and information from numerous platforms (e.g. Java/Oracle, Lotus Notes, Siebel, GIS, BI using Service Oriented Architecture approaches).
Technical Leadership, Project Management and Problem Solving Skills:• You demonstrate technical leadership and project management skills to plan, estimate resources, prioritize, schedule and lead concurrent large-scale business analysis projects;
• You have analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to lead and/or undertake needs assessment, feasibility and options development projects.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:• You have communication skills to lead and facilitate individuals and teams, make presentations and provide technical guidance;
• You are able to maintain effective business relationships and demonstrate interpersonal and client service skills to establish and maintain a strong partnership environment between clients and the Cluster.
- 1 Permanent, 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region, Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) Screening Requirement
Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment.
- This competition may be used to fill other vacancies
As a result of the recently agreed to AMAPCEO collective agreement, a new job evaluation system will be implemented on October 1, 2013 and the job code identified in this posting is subject to revision. In the new job evaluation system, the classification level of this position has not yet been determined.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be
provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated
bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English
and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais
et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés
bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans
la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.